The Laboratory was founded in January, 1949. In different years the Laboratory was headed by A.H. Popovych; M.V. Kryzhanivska, Doctor of Sciences (Medicine); H.I. Yakovenko, Doctor of Sciences (Medicine); H.M. Yeremenko, Candidate of Sciences (Medicine), N.S. Polka, Professor, Corr. Member, Ukrainian Academy of Medical Sciences; N.M. Yatskovska, Candidate of Sciences (Medicine).
Since 2011 A.H. Platonova, Doctor of Sciences (Medicine) is a head of the Laboratory.
Tel.: +38 (044) 559-34-44, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The main scientific activities:
• Complex scientific developments on the problems of the children population protection from the unhealthy anthropogenic factors of the environment and optimization of the hygienic conditions of vital functions;
• Hygienic support of design, equipment and operation of educational, extracurricular and recreational institutions for children;
• Scientific substantiation and development of the recommendations for medico-preventive measures and protection of the children population health from the unhealthy anthropogenic factors of the environment;
• Physiological- and- hygienic substantiation of daily regimes and vital functions’ conditions for the children of different age and with different health states;
• Development of the projects of normative-legal acts and methodical documents in the field of children’s hygiene.
The most significant scientific achievements
The researchers of the Laboratory :
• developed and put into practice the standards on physical development of the students in the normative-legal act (Order of the Ministry of Public Health of Ukraine "On the Approval of the Criteria for the Assessment of Physical Development of the Children of School Age", 13.09, 2013, Nr 802);
• substantiated scientifically the hygienic requirements to thechildren’ health safe use of the portative types of computer technique in the educational process and the wireless Internet access;
• developed a method for integral hygienic assessment of the child’s working posture while working with a computer and methodology for the hygienic assessment of the impact of the educational electronic means on the functional state of nervous system in the children aged 12-15 years;
• substantiated scientifically a control system for the safety indices of the manuals on paper and electronic media carriers;
• developed the methods for the assessment of the rehabilitation efficiency of the children aged 6 - 17 years at recreational and sanitary institutions and determination of energy expenditure of schoolchildren for the certain types of motor activity.