The Laboratory was set up in 2003.
M.H. Buzynnyi, Doctor of Sciences (Biology), is a head of the Laboratory.
Tel .: (044) 513-70-74, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The main scientific activities:
• Development of technical and organizational aspects of radiation monitoring;
• Development of hygienic standards, rules, guidelines, recommendations and other regulatory documents in the field of radiation hygiene;
• Identification of the ways for the formation of human doses, substantiation and optimization of the countermeasures;
• Radiometric analytical research connected with the measurement of radioactivity of the environmental objects and radiation:
- monitoring of the fulfillment of the requirements of Sanitary and Rules and Norms 2.2.4- 171-10 on the radiation safety of water: total alpha and total beta activity, 222Rn, 226Ra, 228Ra, uranium and other radionuclides;
- gamma-spectrometric studies of the foodstuffs, raw materials and building materials;
- examination of building sites for radon in soil, radon flux density from the surface;
- research of radiocarbon emissions of nuclear power plants, thermal power plants, vehicles.
The most significant scientific achievements
The researchers of the Laboratory :
• developed the methods for the study of radioactivity of the environmental objects; way for the measurement of the volume activity of radon in soil air; exposed the sources of radon and thoron;
• developed and substantiated scientifically the ways for the reduction of the intake of radionuclides into the environment and human organism in the sites of extraction and processing of uranium;
• performed a number of the comparative tests on the study of the radioactivity of the environmental objects with the laboratories of the EU ;
• investigated the spatial distribution of CO2 emissions by motor transport and power stations;
• developed a series of the hygienic regulations in the field of radiation hygiene, including the Radiation Safety Standards of Ukraine.