The Laboratory was established in 1931. In different years it was headed by V.Ya.Yakovenko, D.M. Kaliuzhny, Yu.D. Dumansky, K. V. Hrihorieva, V.Ye. Prysiazhniuk.
O.I. Turos, Professor, Doctor of Sciences (Medicine), is a head of the Laboratory
Tel .: +38 (044) 292-13-67, +38 (044) 292-14-47; e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
The main scientific activities:
• Hygienic assessment of air pollution;
• Determination of the pollutants in ambient air, indoor air,air of working zone and industrial emissions;
• Development of the hygienic specifications, rules, standards, methods for the measurement of air pollutants;
• Assessment of the risk for the health of the population from the hazardous effect of air pollution;
• Methodical ensuring and performance of the inventory of the sources of the pollutants in the atmosphere; preparation of the documents substantiating the volume of emissions;
• Scientific substantiation of the size of sanitary-and-protective zones for the performance of the state sanitary-and-epidemiological examination;
• Hygienic assessment of biological pollution of ambient air with aeroallergen pollen;
• Adaptation of molecular-and-genetic methods for the determination of genetic predisposition of the population, residing in risk zones, due to air pollution;
• Identification of genetically modified organisms in the foodstuffs, biological additives and medicines.
The most significant scientific achievements
• The researchers of the Laboratory
• Developed the scientific approaches to the improvement of the air quality assessment system based on the assessment of risk for the health of the population;
• Substantiated the methodological approaches to the use of the innovative systems of the simulation of ambient air pollution by stationary and mobile sources of emissions;
• Improved the methods of determination and hygienic assessment criteria for chemical and biological air pollution, indoor air of residential and public buildings;
• Substantiated the methodical bases of the calculation of the economic assessment of social losses and damages for the health of the population residing in the areas of unacceptable aerogenic risk;
• Substantiated the criteria of the safety for the health of the population of the effect of ambient air pollen allergens;
• Substantiated scientifically information-and-analytical system of the hygienic assessment of air quality for the implementation of the programs of the stable development at local and national levels.