The Laboratory was set up in 2009.
V.F. Babii, Doctor of Sciences (Medicine) is a head of the Laboratory.
Tel. / Fax: +38 (044) 574-00-63; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The main scientific activities:
• Theoretical and methodological developments for the hygienic assessment of the interaction of nanomaterials and disinfectants with the organism at all levels of organization; performance of the experimental research of biological effects of nanomaterials impact;
• Identification of the regularities of functional manifestations of the adverse biological effects of nanomaterials;
• Scientific substantiation of the dynamics of the cause-effect relationships of the formation of the adaptive processes in the organism determined by the interaction with nanomaterials;
• Study of the contamination of ambient air, water and soil with the objects of various industrial-and-economic purposes, including motor transport, road materials;
• Performance oftoxicological-and-hygienic and medico-biological investigations for the determination of the safety forhuman healthof chemical and biological substances, preparations, materials and products; determination of the toxicometric parameters of acute and chronic effect of the environmental pollutants;substantiation of the hygienic standards of the maximum permissible concentrations (MPC) andapproximatelysafe levels of exposure (ASLE) of the pollutants inthe ambient air and the air of working zone;development of toxicological- and- hygienic passports of the substances and compounds introduced in industry and everyday life;
• Performance of sanitary-and-epidemiological assessment of disinfectants, insecticides, repellents, and rodenticides and performance of the investigations on their specific activity.
The most significant achievements:
The researchers of the Laboratory :
• substantiated scientifically the methodical approaches to the assessment of medico-biological use of nanocompositions based on metals;
• for the first time substantiated scientifically the risk of nanoadditives for motor fuel and lubricants;
• substantiated scientifically a safety of the products, based on nanosilver, as a disinfectant at breeding of the poultry as a part of human food chains.