The Laboratory was established in 2016 on the basis of the Laboratory of Natural Sources of Radiation and the Laboratory of Radiation-and-Hygienic Regulations.
T.O. Pavlenko, Professor, Doctor of Sciences (Biology), is a head of the Laboratory.
Tel .: + 38 (044) 513-94-12, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The main scientific activities:
• Study of the impact of the sources, technogenically enhanced, of natural origin on the population and under conditions of the production:
• determination of the activity of radon-222 in the indoor air of residential and public buildings and on the workplaces;
• assessment of doses of radiation of the population of Ukraine and correspondent radiation risks;
• gamma spectrometric investigation of natural radionuclides content in building materials, mineral building materials, as well as in industrial waste.
• Development of the normative and methodical documents on the issues of human radiation protection from the sources of natural origin and in other situations of human exposure;
• Substantiation of anti-radonmeasures.
• Educational work with the population on the issues of radiation protection.
The most significant scientific achievements:
The researchers took part in 6 international projects, including:
• the project "Reduction of Lung Cancer Risks Caused by Exposure to Radon Gas and Nature Radiation" (2006-2013) on radiation protection from radon, substantiation and introduction of anti-radon measures (SSM, Sweden);
• the project "ENSURE (PCP, 2010-2013)" on handling with uranium production waste and rehabilitation of contaminated territories as a result of the operation of the uranium facilities (SSM, Sweden);
• development of the corresponding international recommendations ( Regulatory Basis for Remediation of Uranium Production Legacy Sites, IAEA, 2014-2015);
• joint Ukrainian-Japanese project "Perception of Radiation Risk in Ukrainian People” on the perception of radiation risks by the population of Ukraine (University of Nagasaki, Japan, 2008-2011).