The Laboratory was established in January, 2016 as a result of the amalgamation of the Laboratory of Nutrition Hygiene (founded in 1998, M.P. Hulich, Professor, Doctor of Sciences (Medicine) was its head) and the Laboratory of Special Food and Nutrition Epidemiology (founded in 2003under the leadership of V.N. Korzun, Professor, Doctor of Sciences (Medicine).
M.P. Hulich, Professor, Doctor of Sciences (Medicine), is a head of the Laboratory.
Tel .: +38 (044) 513-40-65, e-mail: email@example.com
The main scientific activities:
• Study of the factual nutrition of the children population of Ukraine and development of the measures for the rationalization of their nutrition;
• Development of the problem of the relationship of the nutrition status and the development of chronic non-communicable diseases;
• Development of theoretical and practical foundations of the alimentary prevention of chronic non-communicable diseases;
• Study of the micronutrient composition of the foodstuffs in order to rationalize a nutrition of the population ;
• Development of the principles of the creation of the foodstuffs with a correction of chemical composition;
• Hygienic and medico-biological assessment of the foodstuffs produced by the innovative technologies;
• Scientific substantiation of the recipes and medico-biological assessment of the foodstuffs for special purpose;
• Sanitary- and-epidemiological assessment of the safety and quality of the foodstuffs and food raw materials;
• Study of vitamin and microelement provision of the population of Ukraine and development of measures for its correction;
• Creation and introduction of the prophylactic means of iodine deficiency states and diseases of the population residing in the endemic regions and contaminated with the radionuclides;
• Development of the principles of the nutrition under conditions of the radioactive contamination of the environment;
• Development of normative-and-methodical documentation on the nutrition hygiene;
• Development of the scientific foundations of the state policy in the field of the nutrition of the population of Ukraine.
The most significant scientific achievements:
The researchers of the Laboratory
• created a scientific database on the micronutrient composition of milk and dairy products and the factual content of trace elements of zinc and copper in all kinds of the foodstuffs of the currentUkrainian market;
• developed the foreground and original methodology and methodical approaches to the study of the organic compounds of microelements produced with the help of nanotechnology;
substantiated scientifically a new approach to the solution of the problem of the micronutrient deficiency in the nutrition of the population at the expense of the fortification of the foodstuffs with the organic compounds of microelements produced by the innovative technologies;
• substantiated scientifically a possibility of the increase of nutritional and biological value of edible and medicinal mushrooms at their cultivation on a nutrient medium with the addition of citrates of biometals produced by the innovative nanotechnology.
Under the scientific leadership of Prof. V.N. Korzun the scientists of the Laboratory studied the features of the consumption of microelements by different strata of the population, impact of micronutrient imbalance on a human health and proposed some means for prevention and correction of revealed violations.