The Laboratory was set up in 1946. In different years the Laboratory was headed by S.S. Lokshyna, Candidate of Sciences (Biology); V.A. Yaroshenko, Candidate of Sciences (Medicine); L. V. Hryhorieva, Professor, Doctor of Sciences (Medicine); H.I.Korchak, Professor, Doctor of Sciences (Medicine).
O.V. Surmasheva, Doctor of Sciences (Medicine) is a head of the Laboratory.
Tel.: (044) 513-72-14, e-mail: email@example.com
The main scientific activities:
• Microbiological assessment of the environmental objects (different types of water, ambient air, indoor air), food, special purpose products, products of cosmetic-and-perfumery industry, pharmaceuticals and medical devices;
• Study of the antimicrobial activity of nanomaterials;
• Study of the specific activity of disinfectants and antiseptics, etc.
The most significant achievements of the Laboratory
The researchers of the Laboratory
• laid down the foundations of sanitary virology that contributed to the development of this field of science not only in Ukraine but abroad; studied a proliferation, survival and resistance of enteroviruses, bacteriophages, and sanitary-and-indicative bacteria in different objects of the environment;
• proved sanitary-and-indicative value of enterococci, salmonella pathogens, efficiency of waste water treatment from the pathogenic bacteria on the model of salmonellas;
• determined the changes in the ratio of physiological groups of microorganisms under effect of radionuclides;
• evaluated and introduced into the practice of work the European standards for the determination of the specific effect of disinfectants;
• proveded the prospects of the use of nanomaterials for the production of the new antimicrobial agents;
• studied a role of microscopic fungi in the contamination of the environmental objects; special attention was paid to the study of the degree of fungi dissemination of the air and surfaces of residential and public buildings;
• improved the normative base on the environmental hygiene owing to the inclusion of the microbiological indices.