Foreground directions of the Institute’s scientific activity:
- Study of the processes of the formation of public health taking into account the effect of the ecological and social factors;
- Development and improvement of legislative, normative-and-methodical, and organizational documents on the preservation and strengthening of the health of the population and improvement of the conditions of vital functions;
- Improvement of the system for the monitoring of the population health state and factors affecting its formation;
- Study and analysis of the causalrelationships of morbidity and mortality of the population under conditions of hazardous factors’ effect;
- Study of the role of the way of life, educational processes, and vital functions’ conditions in the formation of the children’s health;
- Development of the theoretical and methodological bases for the determination of the hazardous environmental factors (physical, chemical, biological) and health risk from their effect for the solution of the issues on the environment quality management;
- Improvement of the methodology for the hygienic assessment of the quality of food, drinking water, medicines; determination of the effective methods for their control taking into account the requirements of the European legislation;
- Scientific substantiation of the methodology for the determination of the risk of the social-and-economic changes in the society, connected with the crisis urgent situation, including anti-terrorist operations on the separate territories, for the health of the population and the next generations;
- Improvement of the foundations of the preventive medicine in the issues of health promotion and prevention of the diseases’ development.
Study and forecast of the state of public health of the population of Ukraine in connection with the effect of the environmental factors is a common direction for 2017.