The main results of scientific and practical activities of IPH include:
IPH NAMSU for over 90 years is the main institution of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine and almost 20 - a leading at the NAMS on environmental hygiene and assessing its impact on health. Since 1970, the Institute has been working on the problem commission "Environmental Hygiene" and "Nutrition Hygiene", as well as the section "Hygiene of children and adolescents".
IPH NAMSU is the only scientific institution of the country, one of the areas of activity of which is the scientific substantiation of legislative and regulatory and methodological documents regarding the impact of the environment on the health of the population, which ensures the prevention of diseases and preservation of the health of the population of Ukraine.
The Institute provides continuous information support for legislative initiatives in the Verkhovna Rada. The Institute's specialists are involved in the legislative regulation of the protection of the population from the negative impact of the environment - the influence of environmental factors (physical, chemical, biological) and social factors (conditions of upbringing, education, life of children, optimal (healthy) nutrition of different segments on the health of the population and the development of mechanisms of warning. They are co -authors of the laws of Ukraine "On the Public Health System", "Food Safety", "On Atmospheric Air Protection", "Water Code", "Environmental Impact Assessment", "Strategic Environmental Assessment" and others. Also actively participated in the development and implementation of national programs, in particular, "Drinking Water of Ukraine" for 2006-2020. National Program for Combating cancer for 2007-2016; National plan of measures for non -communicable diseases to achieve global sustainable development goals (since 2018). The scientists of the institute were initiators, active developers and executors of the National Program "Children of Ukraine", "National Program of Ecological Recovery of the Dnipro River and improving the quality of drinking water", ”National environment Health Action Plan (NEHAP) "National Action Plan for Environmental Hygiene Monitoring in Ukraine”, the State Anti-radon program and others. Cabinet Ministry of Ukraine Resolution No. 14 of 10.01.2002 ¹14 IPH was determined by the main institution for the implementation of the inter-sectoral complex program "Health of the Nation" for 2002-2011.
Experts of the institution participated in the development of the national health program "Health-2030: Ukrainian dimension" to fulfill global sustainable development goals.
Significant scientific work of hygienists of IPH is the hygienic regulation of harmful chemicals in environmental objects (outdoor and indoor air, water, soil), which is constantly reviewed using Reach and CLP. Over the past 25 years, about 200 sanitary rules and regulations, state standards, about 250 hygienic standards and more than 500 scientific and methodological materials have been developed.
On the basis of the Institution, 2 expert commissions are approved by the Deputy Minister of Health of Ukraine - the Chief State Sanitary Doctor of Ukraine: for the State Sanitary and Epidemiological Expertise in particularly difficult cases; for the state sanitary and epidemiological examination in particularly difficult cases for establishing and changing the size of the sanitary protection zones.
The staff of the Institute were performers of more than three quarters of research work on hygiene problems in Ukraine. The Institute is currently owned by 41 intellectual property. Hundreds of thousands of expert studies were conducted, more than 200 monographs and directories were published. Annually, about 400 scientific works are published in domestic and foreign scientific publications.
Since 1993, the Institute has been working on a specialized council for the protection of doctoral and PhD theses in the specialties "Hygiene" (medical and biological sciences), "Ecology" (medical sciences). Over the existence, 69 doctors and 198 Candidates of Sciences have been trained at the Institute. Our specialists managed the dissertation works of search engines from many republics of the former USSR.The staff of the Institute were performers of more than three quarters of research work on hygiene problems in Ukraine. The institute is currently owned by 41 intellectual property. Hundreds of thousands of expert studies were conducted, more than 200 monographs and directories were published. Annually, about 400 scientific works are published in domestic and foreign scientific publications.
The scientific activity of the Institute in 2019-2021 was aimed at: harmonization of the domestic regulatory and methodological framework in the field of public health and hygiene in accordance with EU requirements; Introduction into the practice of health care methodology for determining the risk to human health from the effects of harmful substances and environmental factors (chemical, physical, biological), including products of their transformation and improvement of their hygienic regulation; assessment of the real threat to the health of the population from the effects of anthropogenic factors and substantiation of the system of preventive measures; creation of a system of social and hygienic monitoring and relevant NCD databases; development of scientific bases of nutrition hygiene of the population and hygiene of children and adolescents.
According to the results of fundamental studies, approaches to dynamic monitoring of the condition and determinants of health, aimed at improving the principles of medical and preventive support of the child population, are scientifically substantiated. Research results will be used as a methodological basis for monitoring and developing children in the public health system.
Applied studies have allowed to develop a system of indicators of non -infectious morbidity to assess the potential and level of health of the population in the conditions of optimization of the public health system, to analyze the basic principles of organization and control over the epidneading systems in the field of public health, to substantiate the need for use Identification of the impact of determinants of health and assessment of the potential of health of the population of Ukraine. The scientific principles of implementation of measures for the prevention of non -communicable diseases in Ukraine in accordance with sustainable development goals are substantiated; Improved system of hygienic assessment of air quality through the introduction of probabilistic approach and modern methodological instruments in sanitary-epidemiological and environmental practice (creation of an intersectoral model of partnership of executive authorities) in order , caused by the influence of different objects of economic activity and vehicles.
The experts of the Institute have scientifically substantiated the hygienic principles and criteria for planning and building settlements, taking into account the latest domestic and international experience for creating safe living conditions of the population of Ukraine and preserving public health and establishing new hygienic standards for sanitary areas. The average daily levels of atmospheric air pollution by the emissions of weighted PM10 and PM2.5 in Kyiv, which exceed the limit values recommended by WHO and 2008/50/EC Directive on average from 1.4 to 4 times. A potential threat to the population from the widespread use of pesticides is determined as possible negative factors in the formation of hormone -dependent oncopathology. In addition, the scientists of the Institute have actively participated in improving the norms of nutrition of military personnel of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in accordance with their actual energy expenditures.
There were established the connection between the level of air pollution of the city by potentially dangerous chemicals, including particles of fine dust (PM10, PM2.5) and ozone, carcinogens and individual NCD and the nature of cancer of the population; The spatial distribution of electromagnetic and acoustic radiation in the environment created by airport equipment is investigated; determined algorithm of microbiological monitoring of preventive measures of internal hospital infections in a multidisciplinary hospital; the requirements of safety for household chemicals intended for care for children; Measures to minimize the doses of the population of Ukraine as a result of drinking water consumption are substantiated; The conditions for the use of modern disinfectants in emergency situations, including in the Joint Forces Operation zone and in Covid-19, are proposed; standardized indicators of physical development of preschool children have been developed; the food and energy value of food rations of service men was studied; and a methodology for the preparation of food layouts in health care institutions in the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine has been developed; The most informative epidemiological indicators of the incidence are suitable for assessing the potential and level of health of the population, their monitoring, as well as for characterizing health factors; the basic patterns of chronic NCD of the population of all ages are established; new methodological approaches to the choice of generic medicinal products have been developed to provide the population of Ukraine with qualitative and affordable medicines; The safe management of waste of heat and mining industry is substantiated on the basis of the permissible risk for public health and taking into account the EU requirements for the assessment and classification of such industrial waste; The primary tasks of the Radon Action Plan are substantiated, which include the establishment of national reference levels regarding the concentrations of radon in the air of buildings and in the workplace.
Preventive measures offered by the Institute's specialists in their developments are scientifically sound and will help prevent the development of both infectious and non -communicable diseases.
The institution is accredited to carry out hygienic regulation of potentially dangerous factors of chemical, biological and physical origin (certificate of the Committee on Hygienic Regulation at the Ministry of Health of Ukraine is valid until 2024). The National Accreditation Agency of Ukraine has certified the requirements of DSTU ISO/IES 17025: 2017 of four scientific units of the institution: laboratories on quality control of medicinal products, laboratories of sanitary microbiology and disinfect 2023-24 years).
The competence and powers of the institution are also confirmed by other permits.
Thus, according to the results of the assessment, the State Methodtstandart State Institution recognized the measuring capabilities of the three scientific units of the institution: soil and waste hygiene laboratories, carcinogenic factors and nanomaterial hygiene laboratories, air quality laboratory (corresponding certificates by 2023).
SE "Ukrainian Medical Center for Certification" of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine has confirmed the implementation and maintenance of the quality management system in accordance with the requirements of DSTUEN ISO 9001: 2018 (direction of activity - quality of medicines).
The State Service of Ukraine for Drugs and Drug Control is certified at the Laboratory for Quality Control of Medicinal Products for Quality Control and Safety of Medicinal Products in accordance with the field of certification regarding the organization of independent laboratory quality control of medicinal products.
During last 5 years Institute specialists are constantly upgrading skills through seminars, conferences, etc.:
• Urban planning and health training course, the Baltic Network for Environmental Protection and Sustainable Urban Development, Estonia, Tartu, 2018.
• Environmental Epidemiology, RIGA, 2018
• International Third Summer School "MeASUREMENTS OF ATMOSPHIC AEROSOLS: AEROSOL PHYSics, SAMPLING AND MEASUREMENT TECHNIQUES", Finland, Helsinki, 2015;
• TM5-Fasst training, 2016, Italy, Ispra;
• training course "Air quality modeling and SHERPA training", 2017, Italy, Ispra.
• World Health Organization (WHO) / European Joint Research Center (EC JRC)
• Expert work
• Meeting of the Organization of European Cooperation in Science and Technology (Cost TD1105 Action in terms of EuNetAir projects)
• International comparative WHO comparative seminars on CO, NO / NO2, SO2, and O3 methods in the Intercomparison Workshop on Air Quality Monitoring - CO, No / No2, SO2 and O3), Germany, Langen, 2018.
• European Joint Research Center (EC JRC) - EUSDR TASK FORCE ON AIR QUALITY
• 45 International Symposium on Highly Effective Liquid Chromatography (HPLC).
• Participation in Training Courses under the IAEA C7-Rer-9.136-EVT1702098 “Radon for Building Professionals'” (Radon for Builders of Professionals).
• Educational program of the Association of French-Ukrainian cooperation in the field of health care, Paris, France
• Summer School of Toxic Compounds in the Environment
• 6 WHO International Seminar for pre -qualified laboratories (6th Who Interregional Seminar for the Quality Control Laboratories Involved in the Who Prequalification)
The results of the innovative activity of IPH during 2018-2021
More than 40 proposals for legislative and regulatory documents were developed and implemented, in particular:
Patents to the utility model
• ¹ 141291 Method of expressing differences in bioavailability of generic anti-inflammatory, analgesic drugs in pharmacology and dentistry for the prediction of efficacy and prevention of complications when prescribed
• ¹ 143582 Method of determining the level of air pollution with weighted solid particles not differentiated in composition
• ¹ 131880 Method of determining pollutants in atmospheric air
• No. 96939 Method of predicting air pollution by road vehicles
• No. 54040 Method of obtaining isolated cells with micro -yards from skin epithelium
• No. 79562 Method of assessing the adaptive and reservoir capabilities of school-age children.
• ¹ 71348 Method of determining the concentrations of chemicals in the air of premises of residential and public buildings
Scientists of IPH were awarded international and domestic awards:
Director of the Institute Academician of NAMNU, Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor Andriy Serdiuk Awarded:
• Order of “Prince Yaroslav the Wise V degree,
• Order of “Honor sign”,
• Order of "For Merit" III degree,
• Order of Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the Reverend Elijah Muromets of the second degree,
• Order of Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the Reverend Agapit Pechersky II degree,
• Order of Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the Reverend Nestor Chronicler of the 3rd degree,
• Order of Peter the Great I degree,
• Order of "Cossack glory";
• 4 medals;
• Certificates of Honor: Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, Presidium of NAS and NAMS of Ukraine, Ministry of Health and Ministry of Defense of Ukraine, State Committee of Nuclear Regulation;
• International Golden Star for Merit in Medicine (Poland),
• a large gold medal of MI Pirogov;
• a large medal of the Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine;
• a memorable sign “For Merit” (2013)
• distinction of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine "with the assistance of the bodies of internal affairs of Ukraine"
• honors of the NAS of Ukraine: "For preparation of scientific change", "For scientific achievements";
• Honoring of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine;
• Honors of the Chief of General Staff - Commander -in -Chief
• distinction of the State Service of Ukraine "for conscientious work";
• Honors of the Ministry of Emergencies of Ukraine.
Deputy Director for Scientific Work Corresponding-Member of NAMS of Ukraine, Doctor of Medical Sciences,
Professor Nadiia Polka Awarded:
• Medal of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine».
• “A sign of honor of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine”.
Deputy Director for Scientific and Practical Work, Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor Olena Turos Awarded:
• Honorary Certificate of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine "For special services to the Ukrainian people".
• She has gratitude from the mayor of Kyiv, the head of the state administration of Solomenskiy district of Kyiv.
• Honorary title of "woman-scientist of the year".
Chief Researcher of Laboratory of Hygiene Carcinogenic Factors and Nanomaterials, Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor Ihor Chernichenko - Honored Worker of Science and Technology of Ukraine.
Head of the Laboratory of Natural, Drinking Water and Risk Assessment, Doctor of Medical Sciences Professor Viacheslav Prokopov - Honored Worker of Science and Technology of Ukraine.
Head of the Laboratory of the Security Strategies in Public Health Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor Yuri Skaletsky - Honored Worker of Science and Technology of Ukraine.